What Are The Best Aromatherapy Candles for Relaxation & Stress Relief?
Aromatherapy candles have been used for centuries to create a relaxing atmosphere and promote emotional and physical well-being. They are easy to make at home, and you can customize them to suit your personal preferences.
What is Lavender known for?
- Promotes relaxation and stress relief
- Improves sleep quality
- Enhances mood
- Relieves headaches
- Purifies the air
In this recipe, we will be making a lavender-scented candle, which is known for its calming and soothing properties.
- 1 pound of soy wax flakes
- 1 candle wick
- 20 drops of lavender essential oil
- A candle container (preferably glass)
- A double boiler or a heatproof glass bowl and a saucepan
- A wooden skewer or pencil
- A thermometer
- A clothespin or wick holder
Step 1: Prepare the candle container Choose a glass container that is suitable for candle-making. Clean it thoroughly and dry it completely. You can also decorate the container by attaching a label or adding some ribbon or stickers.
Step 2: Melt the wax Fill the bottom of the double boiler or the saucepan with water and heat it over medium heat until it starts to simmer. Add the soy wax flakes to the top of the double boiler or the heatproof glass bowl and place it over the simmering water. Stir the wax occasionally until it has melted completely. Use a thermometer to monitor the temperature of the wax. The ideal temperature for soy wax is between 160 and 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 3: Add the essential oil Once the wax has melted, remove it from the heat and let it cool down for a few minutes. Add 20 drops of lavender essential oil to the wax and stir it well. The fragrance of the essential oil will create a soothing and calming atmosphere in your home.
Step 4: Attach the wick Dip the bottom of the wick into the melted wax and place it in the center of the container. Use a clothespin or a wick holder to keep the wick straight and centered. Let the wax cool down until it is slightly hardened but still pliable.
Step 5: Pour the wax Carefully pour the melted wax into the container, making sure to leave a 1/2 inch of space at the top. Use a wooden skewer or pencil to gently stir the wax around the wick, creating a funnel shape. This will help to ensure that the wick remains centered as the candle cools and solidifies.
Step 6: Let the candle cool Let the candle cool down completely at room temperature. This will take several hours, depending on the size of the candle and the room temperature. Once the candle has hardened, trim the wick to 1/4 inch.
Step 7: Light the candle Now your homemade aromatherapy candle is ready to use. Light the wick and enjoy the soothing fragrance of lavender in your home.
Benefits of using an aromatherapy candle:
- Promotes relaxation and stress relief: The soothing fragrance of lavender helps to calm the mind and promote relaxation, making it an ideal choice for use during meditation, yoga, or anytime you need to unwind.
- Improves sleep quality: Lavender is also known for its sleep-inducing properties. Burning an aromatherapy candle before bedtime can help to create a calming atmosphere and promote a good night’s sleep.
- Enhances mood: Aromatherapy candles can help to uplift your mood and reduce feelings of anxiety and depression. The pleasant scent of lavender can create a positive and cheerful atmosphere in your home.
- Relieves headaches: Lavender has been found to be effective in reducing the frequency and intensity of headaches. Burning an aromatherapy candle can help to alleviate headaches and migraines.
- Purifies the air: Soy wax candles are eco-friendly and non-toxic. They burn clean and release fewer toxins than traditional paraffin wax candles, making them a healthier choice for your home. The essential oils used in aromatherapy candles can also help to purify the air and eliminate unpleasant odors.Overall, making your own aromatherapy candle is a simple and rewarding DIY project that can provide numerous benefits for your physical and mental health. With just a few ingredients and some basic equipment, you can create a relaxing and soothing atmosphere in your home and enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy whenever you need it. So why not give it a try and see how homemade candles can enhance your well-being and add a touch of tranquility to your daily life?